Race Day Info
Here is everything you need to know to prepare to run your best in the Lake Placid Marathon & Half Marathon!
Athlete Check-in and Registration
What are the vaccination requirements?
The Village of Lake Placid, the Town of North Elba and Essex County set forth new requirements for hosting events this summer, including the requirement to provide proof of vaccination or a negative test taken within 72 hours of arrival in designated athlete-only areas in order to participate in the event.
The designated protocols as they relate to proof of vaccination or negative testing in designated event venues to meet the requirements outlined by the Village of Lake Placid, Town of North Elba and Essex County are as follows:
- All athletes will have to show proof of being fully vaccinated or provide proof a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours of arrival to our event before proceeding to athlete check-in area.
- Athletes will be required to show valid proof of a negative COVID test, Vaccination Record Card or a Digital Copy (photo of both sides of your card will be sufficient) with photo ID. Event Staff will be at the entrance to check-in, and will be visually checking cards for validation.
- Please note according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 ≥ 2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna or 2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen)
- International athletes must show a valid country of origin Vaccination Record Card or Digital Copy of the card with a photo ID. By default, international individuals will be considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series, or 2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine.
- Once an athlete is validated as being fully vaccinated or having tested negative within the last 72 hours by the Event Staff, that athlete will proceed to athlete check-in to receive a designated wristband along with their bib. The wristband will identify that an athlete has being fully vaccinated and allow them to show their wristband to access the various designed Event Venues during event weekend. Face coverings will not be required for these individuals who have been validated as fully vaccinated.
Should local and state guidelines change by the time we are racing we will inform you of the changes.
If at any time you don’t feel comfortable racing or will not be able to provide proof of vaccination or a negative test, you can choose to defer your race entry to the 2022 Lake Placid Marathon & Half or transfer your bib by emailing email@example.com.
When and where is packet pickup?
Saturday, September 11 2021, from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. Packet pickup this year will be located right next to the Lake Placid Public Beach. All athletes must present Photo I.D. and proof of vaccination or testing (see above) in order to pick up his/her Race Bib, Timing Device, and Athlete Bag. Drivers License, Student I.D. or any other type of picture identification is accepted.
What if I missed online registration?
If available, you can still register on Saturday, September 11 during packet pick-up in the same location as Saturday.
Where can I park? Are any roads closed?
You’re allowed to park in any legal spot. There will also be parking available near the finish line at the train station on Station Street.
Race Day -Start time is Sunday, September 12 8 a.m.
Same spots as Saturday. You’re allowed to park in any legal spot. There will also be parking available near the finish line at the train station on Station Street.
Athlete Care/First Aid
Please read the letter from our Medical Director for smart racing and a healthy event experience. If You Don’t Feel Well- please stop at an aid station or tell any staff member on course. Safety is our #1 concern for you!
We will have all of our fully stocked aid stations as usual. Please use these stations and enjoy them. Water will be available at the first stop on Mirror Lake Dr. and then the rest will have gels, energy bars, fruit, water, ice, chips, pretzels, etc. Please try to hold your trash and just deposit it at the aid stations to keep our beautiful town clean!
Will be available at athlete check in, but can also be found here. Please review so you know where you are going. Half marathoners will turn around ONCE on River Rd, Full marathoners will turn at a different spot further out on River Rd 2 times. We will have signs and crew to help you.
Where can I track my athlete or find my results?
Tracking and results can be found here.
Smile and thank our awesome volunteers out there and at the start/finish. They love it when they can help you achieve your goals!
Finish Line and After Race
After the race, pick up your medal, stop at the finisher food tent for pizza, bagels, fruit, subs, etc. Make sure you grab – some cold water. Congrats!
Awards will be given out post-race near the finish line. Top 5 overall in each race and top 3 in each age group.
After the race, we encourage you to mingle with other participants and explore our beautiful town! Stop in at Dancing Bears for a bite to eat or if you’re thirsty, head over to the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery for your very own LP 26.2 Ale.