The Village of Lake Placid, the Town of North Elba and Essex county set forth new requirements for hosting events this summer, including the requirement to provide proof of vaccination or a negative test taken within 72 hours of arrival in designated athlete-only areas in order to participate in the event.
Proof of Vaccination
The designated protocols as they relate to proof of vaccination in designated event venues to meet the requirements outlined by the Village of Lake Placid, Town of North Elba and Essex County are as follows:
- All athletes will have to show proof of being fully vaccinated or provide proof a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arrival to our event before proceeding to athlete check-in area.
- Athletes will be required to show proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of our event, a Vaccination Record Card or a Digital Copy (photo of both sides of your card will be sufficient) with photo ID. Event Staff will be at the entrance to check-in, and will be visually checking cards for validation.
- Please note according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 ≥ 2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna or 2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen)
- International athletes must show a valid country of origin Vaccination Record Card or Digital Copy of the card with a photo ID. By default, international individuals will be considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series, or 2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine.
- Once an athlete is validated as being fully vaccinated or having tested negative within the last 72 hours by the Event Staff, that athlete will proceed to athlete check-in to receive their bib. Should local and state guidelines change by the time we are racing we will inform you of the changes.
If at any time you don’t feel comfortable racing or will not be able to provide proof of vaccination you can choose to defer your race entry to the 2022 Lake Placid Marathon & Half by Sunday September 5th or transfer your bib by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please contact us directly at email@example.com.